Dr. James Blowey
Introduction | Contact Details | Research | Teaching | Personal Stuff | Outreach
From October 2010 I begin a 80% appointment as Deputy Head of Faculty (Natural Sciences) in the Faculty of Science while spending the other 20% of my time as a Reader in the Department of Mathematical Sciences (been in Durham since October 1992.) You can fine me most days in CG309 which is on the top floor of Chemistry.
Please use the following contacts for: regular post (Natural Sciences |
my body (Natural Sciences: CG309 | Maths: CM325)
My research interests are in the Numerical Analysis of Partial
Differential Equations. In particular
Below are some simulations:
- Degenerate Fourth order problems.
- On Phase transformation
| 2D Cahn-Hilliard|
| 2D Allen-Cahn/Cahn-Hilliard|
| simulations: (a=2,b=4, Key)||
The quality of, expertise of and committment to my teaching (and my
colleagues) was recognised in the academic year 2004/5 when I was the
recipient of a University Excellence in Teaching Award.
Other (different) previously taught courses
I am married to Clare and we have a girl and a boy.
Last modified 21/9/10. JFB