1. Ridge-type estimators for Regression Analysis (1974).
Statist.Soc.B, 36, 284-291 (with A.F.M. Smith).
2. Approximate Bayesian inference with incompletely specified
distributions (1974) Biometrika, 61, 629-631.
3. Approximate Bayes solutions to some nonparametric problems
4. A note on some Bayesian nonparametric estimates (1975),
Ann.Statist., 3, 736-740.
5. Uniqueness relations for linear posterior expectations (1975).
J.R. Statist.Soc., B, 37,402-405.
6. Ridge regression: some comments on a paper of Conniffe and
(1975). The Statistician. 61-66 (with A.F.M. Smith).
7. Bayesian analysis of regression problems (1976) Biometrika,
8. On contractions of Bayes estimators for exponential family
distributions (1977), Ann. Statist., 1235-1239.
9. Prediction with shrinkage estimators (1978). Math.
Operationforsch.Statist.Ser. Statistics, 9, 3-7 (with P.J. Brown).
10. The effect of poorly conditioned data on multiple regression
procedures (1978). Br.J. Math. Statist. Psychol., 31, 102-103.
11. The variance modified linear Bayes estimator
(1979). J.R. Statist.Soc.B, 41, 96-100.
12. Interdependent data and human conservatism (1979). Br. J.
13. The linear Bayes regression estimator under weak prior assumptions
(1980) Biometrika, 67, 621-628.
14. Revising previsions: a geometric interpretation (with discussion)
(1981) J.R. Statist. Soc. B, 43, 105-130.
15. A Bayesian criterion for sample size. (1981) Ann. Statist., 9,
16. Contamination distributions (1982). Ann. Statist., 10, 174-183.
17. Preliminary inspection of multivariate date (1982). American
18. On sample-size selection and the evaluation of discriminability
the model choice problem (1982). JASA, 77, 922-928 (with D. Collett).
19. General variance modifications for linear Bayes estimators (1983).
JASA, 78, 616-618.
20. The prevision of a prevision (1983).JASA, 78, 817-819.
21. Outlier resistant distributions: where does the probability go?
(1983) J.R. Statist.Soc. B, 45,55-357.
22. Turning probabilities into expectations (1984). Ann.Statisit., 12,
23. Belief structures (1984). Mathematics research center, University
of Wisconsin technical report 738.
24. Adjusted belief structures (1985). Mathematics research centre,
University of Wisconsin technical report 2804.
25. Temporal coherence (with discussion) (1985). In Bayesian
Statistics 2, ed. Bernardo, J.M., De Groot, M.H., Lindley, D.V.,
Smith, A.F.M., 231-248, North-Holland.
26. Exchangeable belief structures (1986). JASA, 81, 971-976.
27. Separating beliefs (1986). In Bayesian inference and decision
techniques, Essays in honour of Bruno de Finetti, ed. Goel, P.K. and
Zellner, A., 197-215. North-Holland.
28. Prevision (1986). (In the encyclopaedia of statistical sciences,
Kotz, St. and Johnson, N.L. eds., volume 7, p.175-6).
29. Systematic analysis of limited belief specifications (1987).
Statistician, 36, 191-199.
30. Can we build a subjectivist statistical package (1987)? In
Probability and Bayesian statistics, R.Viertl ed., 203-217, Plenum.
31. [B/D]: Introduction and overview. (1987) Technical report,
of Mathematics, University of Hull.
32. Adjusting belief structures, (1988). J.R. Statist. Soc. B,
33. The data trajectory (1988). In Bayesian Statistics 3,
eds. Bernardo, J.M. et al., 189-209, Oxford University Press.
34. Influence and belief adjustment. (1990). In Influence
Belief Nets and Decision Analysis eds. J.Q.Smith and R.M. Oliver,
35. Reconciling costs and benefits in experimental design (1991).
Bayesian Statistics 4 eds. J.M. Bernardo et al., Oxford University
Press, (with M. Farrow).
36. Belief transforms and the comparison of hypotheses.(1991) Annals
of Statistics,19, 2067-2089.
37. A likelihood paradox (with discussion) (1991)
J.R. Statist. Soc. B, 53, 619-628 (with J.V. Howard).
38. Bayes linear methods 1 - Adjusting beliefs: concepts and
properties. (1992). Technical report, Department of Mathematical
Sciences, University of Durham.
39. Bayes linear methods for grouped multivariate repeated measurement
studies, with application to crossover trials. (1993), Biometrika,
80, 39-59. (with M. Farrow).
40. Prediction under the influence: Bayes linear influence diagrams
for prediction in a large brewery. (1993), The Statistician, 42,
445-459. (with M. Farrow, T. Spiropoulos).
41. Robustness measures for Bayes linear analyses (1994), Journal of
Statistical Planning and Inference, 40, 261-277 (with D.A. Wooff).
42. Belief revision: subjectivist principles and practice (1994), in
Logic and Philosophy of Science in Uppsala, eds. Prawitz, D. and
Westerstahl, D., Kluwer academic Publishers, 117-130.
43. Revising Exchangeable Beliefs: Subjectivist foundations for the
inductive argument, (1994), in Aspects of uncertainty: a tribute to
D.V. Lindley, eds. Freeman, P.R. and Smith, A.F.M., John Wiley,
44. Bayes linear computation: concepts, implementation and programming
environment (1995), Statistics and Computing, 5, 327-341 (with
45. Bayes linear methods III - Analysing Bayes linear influence
diagrams and exchangeability in [B/D] (1995). Technical report.
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Durham (with
46. [B/D] - Beliefs adjusted by Data: Bayes linear methods programming
language (1995), Internet site http://fourier.dur.ac.uk:8000/stats/bd/
(with D.A. Wooff).
47. Matching hydrocarbon reservoir history - a Bayes linear approach,
(1995), in the Proceedings of the third applied statistics in industry
conference, vol. 1, 371-379 (with P.S. Craig, A.H. Seheult,
48. Bayes linear strategies for matching hydrocarbon reservoir history
(with discussion) (1996) in Bayesian Statistics 5, eds. J.M. Bernardo,
et al., Oxford University Press, 69-95 (with P.S. Craig, A.H. Seheult,
49. Diagnostic geometry for Bayes linear prediction systems (1996) in
Bayesian Statistics 5, eds. J.M. Bernardo, et. al., Oxford University
Press, 561-568 (with M. Farrow)
50. Bayes linear adjustment for variance matrices (1996) in Bayesian
Statistics 5, eds. J.M. Bernardo, et.al., Oxford University Press,
791-799 (with D.J. Wilkinson).
51. Bayes linear sufficiency and systems of expert posterior
assessments (1996), J.R. Statist. Soc. B, 58, 301-316 (with
52. Pressure matching for hydocarbon reservoirs: a case study in the
use of Bayes linear strategies for large computer experiments (with
discussion) (1997), in Case Studies in Bayesian Statistics, vol. III,
eds. C. Gastonis et al. 37-93. Springer-Verlag, (with P.S. Craig,
A.H. Seheult, J.A. Smith).
53. Prior inferences for posterior judgements (1997), in Structures
and norms in Science, M.C.D. Chiara et. al. eds., 55-71, Kluwer.
54. Developing a Bayes linear decision support system for a brewery
(1997), in The practice of Bayesian analysis, eds.S. French and
J.Q. Smith, Edward Arnold, 71-106 (with M. Farrow, T. Spiropoulos).
55. Choosing sample sizes in balanced experimental designs: A Bayes
linear approach (1997), The Statistician, 46, 167-183 (with
56, Adjusting exchangeable beliefs (1998), Biometrika, 85, 39-54 (with
57. Constructing partial prior specifications for models of complex
physical systems (1998), The Statistician, 47, 37-53 , (with
P.S. Craig, A.H. Seheult, J.A. Smith).
58. Bayes linear analysis (1999), In Encyclopaedia of Statistical
Sciences, update volume 3, 29-34, Kotz, S., et al., Wiley.
59. Simplifying complex designs: Bayes linear experimental design for
grouped multivariate exchangeable systems (1999), in Bayesian
Statistics, 6, 839-848, eds. J.M. Bernardo, et al., Oxford University Press.
(With S. Shaw)
60. Graphical diagnostics for the Bayes linear analysis of
Hierarchical linear models with applications to educational data
(1999), in Bayesian Statistics, 6, 859-867, eds. J.M. Bernardo, et al.,
Oxford University Press. (with D.R.Williams)
61. Bayes linear analysis for graphical models: the geometric approach
local computation and interpretive graphics (2000), Statistics and Computing,
311-324 (with D.J.Wilkinson)
62. The Bayes Linear Programming Language [B/D] (2000), Journal of statistical
software, vol 5, 2. (with D.A.Wooff)
63 Avoiding foregone conclusions: geometric and foundational analysis
of paradoxes of finite additivity (2001), Journal of Statistical Planning
and Inference, 94, 73-87
64 A Bayesian analysis of fluid flow in pipe-lines (2001) Appl. Statist,
77-93 (with J.Rougier)
65 Bayesian Forecasting Using Large Computer Models, (2001), JASA 96,
717-729, (with P. S. Craig, J. C. Rougier and A. H. Seheult).
66 Managing the uncertainties of software testing: a Bayesian
(2001) Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 17, 191-203
(with K. Rees, F. Coolen, and D.A. Wooff)
67 Restricted prior inference for complex uncertainty structures,
32,315-334.Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence.
(with D. J.Wilkinson)
68 Generalized partition testing via Bayes linear methods, (2001),
Information and Software Technology, 43, 783-793
(with F.Coolen and M.Munro)
69 Bayesian Graphical Models for Software Testing (2002),
IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering,28, 510-525
(with F.Coolen and D.A. Wooff)
70 Why be a Bayesian? (2002), in Proceedings of the conference on
Advanced Statistical Techniques in Particle Physics Phenomenology,
Durham 2002, IPP/02/39, DCPT/02/78
71 Moral dominance relations for program comprehension (2003)
IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 29, 851-863. (with S. Shaw,
M.Munro, L. Burd)
72 Project viability assessment for support of software testing via
Bayesian graphical modelling (2003). In Safety and Reliability,
Bedford and van Gelder (eds), Swets & Zeitlinger, Lisse, 417-422 (with
F.Coolen and D.A. Wooff)
73 Spatio-temporal modelling of corrosion in an industrial furnace
(2004) Applied stochastic models in business and industry, 20, 219-238.
(with J.D.Little, P. Jonathan, C. den Heijer)
74 Bayes linear kinematics and Bayes linear Bayes Graphical Models
(2004) Biometrika, 91, 425-446 (with S. Shaw)
75 Efficient Bayesian sampling inspection for industrial processes
based on transformed spatio-temporal data (2004) Statistical Modelling, 4,
299-313 (with J.D.Little, P. Jonathan)
76 Probabilistic formulations for transferring inferences from
mathematical models to physical systems (2005) SIAM journal on
scientific computing, 26, 467-487. (with J.C.Rougier)
77 Decision making and inference for a reliability programme
using Bayes linear modelling ( 2005), in Assembling evidence of
reliability, Proceedings of the 27th ESReDA Seminar, T. Bedford and
M. Revie (eds). JRC, Ispra. (with T.Bedford)
78 Trade-off sensitive experimental design: a multicriterion,
decision theoretic, Bayes linear approach (2006) Journal of Statistical
Planning and Inference, 136, 498-526 (with M. Farrow)
79 Subjective Bayesian analysis: principles and practice (2006)
Bayesian Analysis, 1, 403-420
(and `Rejoinder to discussion': 465-472).
80 Bayes linear calibrated prediction for complex systems (2006),
JASA, 101, 1132-1143 (with J.C.Rougier)
81 Using Bayesian statistics to support testing of software systems
(2007) Journal of Risk and Reliability, 221, 85-93.
(with F.P.A. Coolen, and D.A. Wooff )
82 The Bayes linear approach to inference and decision making for a
reliability programme (2007) Reliability Engineering and System
Safety, 92, 1344-1352 (with T. Bedford)
83 Bayes linear statistics: theory and methods (2007),
Wiley (with D.A.Wooff)
84 Prior viability assessment for Bayesian analysis
(2008), Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference,
138, 1271-1286 (with A.H.Seheult)
85 Reified Bayesian modelling and inference for physical
systems (2009), Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference,
139, 1221-1239 (with J.C.Rougier).
86 Reified Bayesian modelling:Issues and opportunities
(response to the discussion)(2009), Journal of Statistical Planning and
Inference, 139, 1251-1256 (with J.C.Rougier).
87 Almost-Pareto decision sets in imprecise utility hierarchies
(2009), Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 3, 137-155
(with M. Farrow).
88 Small Sample Bayesian Designs for Complex High-Dimensional
Models Based on Information Gained Using Fast Approximations,
to appear in Technometrics (with J. Cumming)
89 Bayes Linear Uncertainty Analysis for Oil Reservoirs Based on
Multiscale Computer Experiments, to appear in the Handbook of Applied
Bayesian Analysis, OUP, (with J. Cumming)
90 Boundary linear utility and sensitivity of decisions with imprecise
utility trade-off parameters, to appear in the proceedings of ISIPTA
'09 (with M. Farrow)
91 Bayes Linear Analysis of Imprecision in Computer Models, with
Application to Understanding Galaxy Formation, to appear in the
proceedings of ISIPTA '09, (with I. Vernon)